Friday, March 28, 2014

Fashion: My Favorite Things

Finding the right top, shoes or just about anything takes time. Once we have kids, time is something we moms lack! When we do find that right piece of clothing or accessory, how great does that feel?! Here are a few items that have helped me feel great personally while running around with two kids under my arms.

Everyone needs that casual chic top that you can throw on with any outfit. I found Séraphine Sapphire Long Line Snap Down Nursing Top. Don't let the nursing top part scare you away. I myself am always running late in the morning. After feeding two daughters, getting them dressed, packing lunches and snacks, I almost forget that I have to dress myself too! Long gone are the days of having all morning to figure out what to wear. I now have to think quickly. My go-to top is the Sapphire Long Line Snap Down Nursing Top. It's a light weight top that you can throw on to add a sophisticated look to jeans or slacks. For the cooler weather you can layer it with a tank underneath. Now here is the secret... it's a nursing top. No one will ever know unless you tell them. The stylish snaps on each shoulder are not just a fashion statement they are the secret weapon of the ... nursing top. So love.

was not a fan of using a nursing bra after I had my first little one, but that quickly changed when I finally found the right one, the second time around. I would love a cute lacy bra, but comfort is key. Don't get me wrong I also don't want to use an out of date bra from the 1950s either. My friend told me about the Sport Clip Down Nursing bra from Maternity Motherhood, she was so excited about it.Wow! I love it. It feels like a sexy sports bra. Yes, I said sexy sports bra. It doesn't flatten my breast as a traditional sport bra does. It helps me keep my shape and femininity. It is reasonably priced ($21.95) and it doesn't lose its form after all the nursing and washing. Now, i find it a must for mothers who are nursing.

Another Séraphine piece that I love is the Chestnut rollback knit maternity and nursing sweater. I just adore it. It's hard for me to look stylish when my kids are wiping their dirty hands on me. This top really holds up and gives a mom confidence with a form fitting style. Don't worry you don't need to suck in your tummy. It's meant for comfort, style and warmth. The sweater shirt is perfect for this spring. And here is another Séraphine secret... it's another nursing top. Not only can I look stylish, but I know that my style doesn't have to suffer because I have to nurse. I am getting close to the end of nursing , but it doesn't mean that I will be discarding these tops. They are here to stay. As I mentioned no one has to know they are nursing tops. That will be our secret.


When it comes to my skin, facial wipes are a must have for the season. I have a 3 year-old and a 1 year-old so when it comes to putting them to bed it doesn't always come easy. In the last month I have been so tired that I have done the unthinkable. I've gone to bed without washing my face. I have found that it is much harder to find time to wash my face in the evening. That is a huge no, no. Well not any more. My friend Cynthia (my co pilot at/mothersofthevalley.com) told me about the Up and Up cleansing wipes and they are key. Now while giving my girls a bath I pull my cleansing wipe and wipe that day's grind and dirt away. Great for mommies running around with kids. When we can not take time to do our nightly facial routine, a wipe is a great substitute. We can't neglect our skin even when we are dead tired at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment