Friday, February 21, 2014

Crafts: From Gift Bag to Craft Mat


My daughters received the most precious gift bags for their birthdays and they have been sitting in my closet for months. They are just too precious to throw away or to toss around the house. I just had to find a better use for them. As my daughter was playing with her Play Doh I thought to myself, 'she needs a better surface for her Play Doh and crafts.' That is when it hit me... the gift bags! Why not transform her bags into her craft mats. It's quick and simple. Then Wala! your little one has more space for crafts.  








STEP 1
Pick your bag. The thicker paper the better.





STEP 2
Cut the bag into two pieces. You want to fold in the flaps to make them more sturdy.




STEP 3
Take them to a place where lamination is done such as Staples or Lake Shore. Should cost between $1-$2.


STEP 4
Trim the frame of the of the bags. Be sure not to cut to close to the paper or it will undo the lamination.

STEP 5
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment