Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fashion- Mommy Approved!

 

Fashion is a way to express yourself and boy do our children like to express themselves. We at Mothersofthevalley.com love fashion and know how hard it is as mothers to get out and find the latest trends and to find those great hidden jewels. Well we have found some to share with you just in time for the holidays. These fashions finds will make great buys for your little darlings or as gifts.




Frankie & Sue

_____________________________________________________________________________

I was on a mission to find something that was stylish, but something new too. Then a friend told me about a line by Frankie & Sue. The first thing I thought upon seeing the clothes was "Bohemian Chic." I think the line is filled with refreshing patterns and comfortable styles. As toddlers tend to run and jump around, you don't want to have something restricting them. The electrifying colors of the clothes are impressive! Pictures do not do it justice! 

Frankie & Sue designs don't look "cookie cutter." They have many colors to satisfy
many different types of children. "The colors were perfect for [my daughter's] skin tone," said Sanaz about her daughter Emma's dress. "I have it with us on our trip to NY," she says, "I also plan for her to wear it at Thanksgiving. The colors are very vibrant and the quality is excellent." 

 As a mom that loves fashion, I too was impressed with the quality of the clothes and their refreshing style and comfort. I thought my daughter looked adorable in it and the cut was perfect. An extra plus is that all products are 100% made in the USA. 


Footlights Dance USA 

______________________________________________________________

Since watching Fame I have loved dance wear. It's not just for the dance studios but for everyday purposes. So I thought what better way to show that than by having our toddlers wear them. I have found many unique pieces for my daughters with Footlights Dance USA. 

Tutu's, tutu's.. I just can't get enough of them. Nicole wore a tutu over the Polkadot What leggings to give it a dancer look. Why get your tutu's at your local store, when you can go to where professional dancers go. "Alyssa could use her clothing as is or in layers for dance class, everyday wear, and dressy too," said Dayna about her daughters outfit for the Mothers of the Valley fashion show. 

As autumn brings winds and chills don't forget your leg warmers. "The leg warmers will be fun for cold days" says Dayna. Nicole wore hers with her capri pants. Both the capris and legwarmers have multiple uses. And to keep you extra warm you can layer the top with a dancer wrap from Footlights USA

Kidorable

Autumn is here and this is the time to start looking for your toddlers winter wear. You can go to the mall from store to store or... you can look up Kidorable for great winter wear rain coats and rain boots. I first came across the company when I needed winter boots last year for my daughter. I could not get over how (kid)-dorable:) the boots where. I purchased her a pair and she always had an excuse to wear them.

"They are stylish, but comfortable. Kids are always running around and moving. You want to make sure they look good but also feel good in what they wear," says Cynthia. "Tristan has worn the boots with no socks, because he loves them, and he has not complained once about them hurting his feet. To me that is style and comfort perfected." Boots can be a hard sell to toddlers, but guess what? Once they have them on they won't take them off. "(Tristan) loves them! I was a bit concerned he might not like the boots because he has never worn rain boots and he is a little fussy but he wants to wear them everyday!" 

As a mother, we want them to look cute, but you also want a product that lasts more then just a season. Thank goodness for Kidorable, because here we are at another autumn and I can't believe her fairy rain boots are still in great shape and ready for another year of muddy puddles and racing daddy down the block. And f.y.i., toddler fashionista Siri Cruise has worn Kidorable

 NANO Hernandez


Adding something funky and cool to a boy toddler is not easy. Think about all the times you had to shop for a boy toddler outfit. It's hard to find something that stands out and is of great quality. New and Wow is what you find in Nano Hernandez attire. Since I have two daughters, I couldn't visualize adding skulls or contemporary art to a toddler piece, but it does work. It makes me think, "that little man look badass, in a cool rocker way!" 

What is great for us parents is the quality of the sweatshirts. That is what Hiep told me about her boys Nano Hernandez sweatshirt. She said that her boys love to put the hoodies on and look cool. She went on to tell me that the other day she turned around and looked at them and took a double look. They looked like this real badass boys in the sweatshirts. It took her breath away. We both agree that the sweatshirts are of great quality cotton and do not lose quality in the wash. These sweatshirts are the kind you borrow from a friend and hope they never ask for it back:) 

They are not limited to boys either. Nano Hernandez makes attire for girls, toddlers and adults. The onesies are great for keeping the infants warm during the cooler days, and when it is warmer I just add a tutu and she is set. Whichever you chose they will keep your little ones warm during this coming winter, while still looking fashionable. Sanaz, Allison's mother says, "(I) loved the color and graphics on the (sweatshirts). They were a favorite." Nano Hernandez has that great combination of quality and unique style. Nano Hernandez took on the challenge in making boys toddler wear and did an outstanding job! 

Polkadot What!

You can wear your black and white leggings or your occasional colorful leggings. And if you need more than that to add a splash of color to your toddler's wardrobe. Polkadot What! may be just what your mini-me needs. I first noticed these legging on the daughter of "How I Meet Your Mother'' actress Alyson Hannigan. 

It is so creative how two different patterns can work together and really give the outfit a fun, carefree look. My daughter was so comfortable in her Polkadot What leggings and the shape didn't wear out for a long time. I added a pair under a tutu and a t-shirt and voila!... the capris are so darling why not wear them all year long, just add leg warmers and boots during the winter. 

Don't let the weather depict your wardrobe. Add some layers and a little dance style to make you a daughter shine not just at dance class, but outside the dance room. If fashionista, Sarah Jessica Parker has her little ones wearing Polkadot What, we have to take a look too. 

**To go to any of these designers homepage, please just click on the highlighted names.

No comments:

Post a Comment