Thursday, October 24, 2013

3 Great Dishes I Recently Made

One of my favorite things to do is flip through cooking magazines and search online blogs for new recipes that might become regular meals in our home. These are three yummy recipes I have recently made.  I did not take pictures of all three recipes but have included one of the pasta dish.  Hope you enjoy!

Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Bacon from Martha Stewart

I love this recipe so much we eat it like a main dish and include a side salad to complete the 
meal. I also add half a butternut squash because they are currently in season and it goes 
well with the other veggies. I like that my boys love the taste of roasted vegetables because 
their sweetness really comes out. If we have leftovers they are great warmed up the next day. 

Shredded Beef Tacos from Mangiodasola blog


I love slow cooker recipes especially ones like this that are really yummy. This one can be

a little spicy so I reduce the amount of  chipotle pepper. Next time I make this I am planning
on making my own adobo sauce. This is also a great entertaining dish because you can
leave the meat in the slow cooker and guests can make their own tacos. 
Who doesn't love tacos? 

Braised Short Rib, Stout and Potato Potpies

I remember the first time I made this recipe Rob and I could not wait to try it! The aroma that
fills the home is so yummy! And we tried it we were not disappointed. Rob gets happy every
time he knows I am making this for dinner. Its quite filling so I serve this with a side salad 
also. This does take a long time to make so I double the recipe and freeze half. 
It's worth every minute of work! 


No comments:

Post a Comment