Monday, September 10, 2012

Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Peanut Free Cookies, Oh Yum!



My husband was out of town on business recently and came home with best cookies EVER! Isabella's Best Baked Goods cookies. An even bigger surprise was that they are gluten, dairy, egg, and peanut free. Did I mention yummy?!?! My husband is allergic to whey, which is a protein found in all dairy products. So, when I find a dairy free products as amazing as this one I must stock up for him. I want to stock up on these for me!

It's amazing to me that in today's time when I say, "no dairy please" people still think it's a life style choice, smile and ignore me. It's not a lifestyle choice, like I change jean brands. This can kill. Luckily, most times there is so little dairy in the product that it will just cause my husband a stomach ache for a couple of hours to a couple of days. This is the best case scenario vs. a visit to the emergency room. With just one bite he can tell how much dairy there is in a product. I worry because people can be so careless about this. Some unsupervised tween or teen with food allergies will take another person's word and drink their latte or eat a piece of something that can cause a deadly reaction. Yes, high school and middle school kids pick up their lattes before school too, just like the rest of us. I have yelled at so many people about this. I can go on about this all day.

On a happy note, check out Isabella's Best Baked Good cookies (http://isabellasbest.com). They are better then any cookies you will find at any bakery or Whole Foods. I will be on the look out for yummy Gluten, Dairy, Peanut free items and let you know what I find. Until then enjoy some cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment